Monday, October 4, 2010

Would you like to wear a dress?

I just was reading about how a Sussex middle school student was told for acting out in class that he would have to wear a dress to school. I personally over the years of parenting have ran into issues with the schooling system here in NB. My daughter was being bullied and one day reacted and kicked the bully and knocked them down. Personally I am glad she finally took a stand I am not condoning violence but if the school wouldn't address it then sometimes you have to take it into your own hands. I got called in and some arrogant Principal tried to talk to me like I was one of the grade 1 students. I kept my cool and told him well maybe next time you will do your job and it would not happen in the future.

So back to the little boy told to wear a dress as punishment. So if you act out now they are getting creative in their punishments. I find it offensive both to little boys and little girls. Actually very demeaning to little girls. As the information I gathered on it was if either gender acted out this was the punishment. So not only using humiliation to harm a child's self esteem but to say wearing a dress is something that is to be looked upon as something to laugh at. I am surprised every feminist group is not all over this trying to burn the teacher at the cross. Has our system got that arrogant that they are allowed to do this to our kids? Corporal punishment was banned in the school systems because it was seen as inhumane. The things like getting the strap or a spanking as a kid did make me think twice though not to do the same thing a second time. The problem is with this the sting of the strap or a spanking went away in a few minutes this was an attempt to scar a child for life by humiliating him.

I hope the people besides my cyber stalker that read this actually take the time out to write the newspaper because this could be your child next. If you caught the articles on teen suicide it was not a spanking or the strap that made them commit suicide but being humiliated. I don't think the father going into the school and losing it did much good but suing them or having all the parents stage a walk out would of been a better answer and making sure the public is well informed. Maybe I am right but prove me wrong if I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment